There is nothing like good friends. Even ones who threaten to hijack your blog. Who better to take over and pseudo guest post than the infamous First Thursdays?
These divas throw a hell of a birthday celebration. Check out the framed picture above that they had done for me. (Fyi, I blog under my maiden name, but I First Thursday under the married one).
I think I look pretty good on Springsteen’s body. Just to give you an idea of how diverse we are, I photoshopped the last person onto Giselle’s body. Hey, whatever blows your hair back, right?
In honor of the last day in my 40s I give you some suggestions that were made for blog reworking, along with some other comical writings that were part of my birthday roast – First Thursday style:
Time to get out of the basement Monday
Time to cry Tuesday (and oldie but goodie)
Time to leave the zip code Wednesday
Time for a little laugh Thursday
Time to vent Friday (this could be a great one)
Time to workout Saturday
and a favorite for all the husbands out there, mine for sure:
Time for “a little head would be nice” Sunday.
And since all you readers know me pretty well by now, I will share their “top ten things Amy will never do now that she is 50 list”
1. Go to spin class (safe bet)
2. Play tennis with Jo (safer bet, she would kill me)
3. Have lunch at the club (I should be so lucky to get out of that one – the minimum haunts me)
4. Go to Bergdorf’s with Maddee and Michelle (ok, I admit it, I did say I thought Berdgorf’s closed. I had a moment of confusion with Bonwits, so shoot me)
5. Go to South Beach with the First Thursday Girls (sorry girls, montauk maybe, south beach, not so much)
6. Discuss again… to be rich or thin? (don’t ask)
7. (this one I will omit to protect the innocent(ish) Hey, we all still have to live in this town!)
8. Not blog or tweet for the day. (Why would I consider this? Jeez!)
9. Get out of the basement (this one I am starting to do, I swear)
10 BOTOX! (this one is a given)
Thank you, my friends, for a great night from the women who will always keep me on my toes and will NEVER let me fall. I love you all!
Haven’t had enough of me yet? You can also read me at 50-Something Moms Blog. For photo enthusiasts, visit Leaving the zip code, photos from outside the comfort zone.