This one always kills me. It is halfway through Tuesday and I realize that I have not posted my most sacred post of the week. I have been blogging for four years now (crazy, right?) and Tuesdays have always been the days I stop and smell the roses, the coffee, or maybe even the not so clean sponge that I can smell from the garage as I walk in the house. It is the day I have vowed to myself to always take stock and find something that touches me. A little break in the crazy week that makes me present.
And here I am, at 1PM on Tuesday and I realize I forgot to do this last night.
So today’s post is about time. And how we get caught up in how important we are. How our to-do list is sometimes magnified to the point of absurdity. When you break your own rule for taking a moment, it is not the end of the world for anyone else but yourself.
Better late than never; here is my list of things that made me grateful this week. The things that made me feel like me:
1. My very first peony of the season. When I left the house that morning it was a bud, when I came home it was in full bloom. And it was the only one in the gar den.
2. Planting for my mom. This was a bittersweet task because as much as she loved me doing it she wished she could do it herself. She told me she remembered doing it for her mom and I told her I was screwed because Jana did not like to garden.
3. Puppy on the beach. You can never beat this one, even after she chewed THREE pair of prescription sunglasses in one week.
4. Son home for 36 hours. Hopefully when he returns from his little post-finals excursion we will get a little more of him. A lot more would be asking the impossible.
5. Full house Sunday dinner with dear friends and all 4 of our kids… a true rarity and a gift indeed.
With the holiday weekend marking the unofficial start of summer, I vow to try to chill when I can.
And just BE.