There are days when working at home is both wonderful and manic.
Is it hard to juggle it all? Sometimes.
Would I have it any other way?
There is nothing like preparing a holiday while you try to juggle tying up a week of work.
For those who are of the tribe, I wish a sweet new year. And for those who are not, I wish you no lines at the movies or your favorite restaurant on Friday and Saturday night.
I’ll be back on Sunday.
Haven’t had enough of me yet? You can also read me at 50-Something Moms Blog.For photo enthusiasts, visit Leaving the zip code, photos from outside the comfort zone.
1. Still wearing last night’s pajamas while sitting at your desk at 10:50 PM
2. When your teenage son asks, “What’s for dinner?” you answer with, “Didn’t you eat last night?”
3. You are pretty sure that the sweatshirt you are passing off for pajamas was purchased after your first pregnancy, and that ‘child’ is now 20 years old.
4. To placate the hungry teen you agree to go with him to the gourmet pizza place – and let him drive.
5. You realize once you get there that the probability is high of running into someone you went to HS with while wearing this lovely outfit, being unshowered and driving your daughter’s beat up old jeep. (loser without a chance to explain). Luckily this did not happen.
6. Going to the bathroom is a nuisance and is getting in the way of you finishing your work.
Oh, I could go on. And sadly I did not make up any of those items (well number 5 was just a fear, but a real one). Working home has its advantages.
Style/personal hygiene is not one of them.
Haven’t had enough of me yet? You can also read me at 50-Something Moms Blog.
For photo enthusiasts, visit Leaving the zip code, photos from outside the comfort zone
: : : : : : : : : : :
This is an actual chat with another Work At Home Mom friend, or as the mommy bloggers call it – a WAHM. (funny how we both use dog icons, that is no reference to our looks, we just love our dogs, ok?)
Wham!! (well you know what I mean). I like that. Look, some women want to be MILFs, some like being WHAMs. Wait, can’t I be a WAHM and a MILF? Ahhh, this may have something to do with the need for Spanx. I will have to think about this one.
This chat got me to thinking. What are the best things about working at home? (besides not wearing shoes or having to brush my hair, which would probably disqualify me from being a MILF in most cases).
So, my friends, here is a shout out to all of you that work at home (boys, you can play this game too. you could be DILFs if you want).
Give me a list of the best things about working at home. I expect full participation here (Riki and Ellen, that means you! And Elise, since your chat made it to the blog you are obligated to participate).
And because I am an equal opportunity everything, let’s hear from the work-in-the-office types who want to defend their choice.
Those of you who are thinking I could use a little fresh air – you are not wrong!
: : : : : : : : : : :