1. Still wearing last night’s pajamas while sitting at your desk at 10:50 PM
2. When your teenage son asks, “What’s for dinner?” you answer with, “Didn’t you eat last night?”
3. You are pretty sure that the sweatshirt you are passing off for pajamas was purchased after your first pregnancy, and that ‘child’ is now 20 years old.
4. To placate the hungry teen you agree to go with him to the gourmet pizza place – and let him drive.
5. You realize once you get there that the probability is high of running into someone you went to HS with while wearing this lovely outfit, being unshowered and driving your daughter’s beat up old jeep. (loser without a chance to explain). Luckily this did not happen.
6. Going to the bathroom is a nuisance and is getting in the way of you finishing your work.
Oh, I could go on. And sadly I did not make up any of those items (well number 5 was just a fear, but a real one). Working home has its advantages.
Style/personal hygiene is not one of them.
Haven’t had enough of me yet? You can also read me at 50-Something Moms Blog.
For photo enthusiasts, visit Leaving the zip code, photos from outside the comfort zone