Since I am no fan of shopping I try my best to do little things to entertain myself while suffering through the task.
This weekend I decided to write down some shopping observances. The craziest thing about shopping now is that most people walk around with a bluetooth in their ear and appear to be either talking to themselves, or to you, which is rather embarrassing when you try to answer. I get the bluetooth in the car, but is it unsafe to operate a shopping cart while holding a phone?
Here are my favorites:
1. Husband: There is no way we are buying Transformers. You buy one toy and then they play with it and it turns into something completely different!
Wife: (leering at him like he was an insane person) I think that is the whole point.
2. Crazy bluetooth woman: I can’t talk to you right now. No, I can’t talk to anyone until I find that damn talking dog! (just another woman who lost the holiday spirit and her last nerve hours before).
3. Young preganant wife to her husband pushing an overflowing shopping cart: It is not the kids’ fault that money is tight. (oh man, I see big credit card debt in their future).
4. Crazy bluetooth man on phone with wife: What did you want me to get again? (guys, don’t worry if you think that is you, that could be every husband)
And this one is my absolute favorite:
5. Clerk at small neighborhood toy store speaking very loud 10 minutes before store closing: As soon as these customers leave we can lock the back door and close up. (there could not possibly have been an owner present. This was after she told me what a slow day they had and blamed it on the rain).
I will have one little rant here because, well because this is my blog and where else would I rant. I would like someone from Rite Aid corporate to contact me and tell me why a town of approximately 32,000 residents with 4 synagogues and two Rite Aids does not sell Hannukah wrapping paper? Seriously people, that little self-shipper tower with a few candles, dreidels and shopping bags does not cut it. Get your act together and put out some wrapping paper for the tribe, will you?
Haven’t had enough of me yet? You can also read me at 50-Something Moms Blog. For photo enthusiasts, visit Leaving the zip code, photos from outside the comfort zone.
One response to “Overheard while shopping”
Pingback: A New York State of Hannukah « i could cry but i don’t have time