Or: This chick surely does not have her sh*t together anymore!
Back in December of 2008 I wrote this post about the gradual – or not so gradual – deterioration of my ability to keep things together the way I used to. When the kids were young I could juggle a toddler, a baby, a job, a puppy, a husband in the ICU and still hold down a full time job.
Now? Lucky if I remember to feed any of them. Hey they are old enough to fend for themselves. Ok, maybe the dog has an issue with the can opener, but she could live off the begging she does just fine.
Today I bring you the top ten list of why I simply cannot consider myself superwoman anymore. And to let you know that I am fully liberated from giving a crap about it.
10. No milk for the coffee and cereal (for more than one day)
9. No lunch reservation for graduation day (next friday)
8. No corsage ordered for Danny’s prom date (again, next friday)
7. Danny’s suit for this Saturday night’s fundraiser is not altered (masking tape anyone)
6. Cannot find the receipt for Danny’s prom tuxedo (See a Danny pattern here? Hey, he needs to start taking care of himself, he is going to college)
5. Have not written a blog post since Tuesday (please tell me you guys noticed)
4. Picked up the materials for a presentation hours before I was giving it (usually had this done at least a day in advance in the past)
3. Have lost my blackberry, shoes, wallet, glasses, ______ fill in the blank, at least once a day (hopeless)
2. Have not filed the last 2 month’s worth of paperwork (office is an embarrassment)
And the Number One reason I am convinced I am no longer even a shadow of the woman I used to be:
1. Camp trunks go out tomorrow and they are still in the attic at 2PM
Ok, but here is the thing. Eventually I went to Dairy Barn and got milk. No one in the house is starving to death, certainly not the dog. If I don’t blog for a few days, only my stats suffer. Danny is 17 and does not care how well his suit fits, is fully aware that we will order the corsage today, and knows that even without the receipt I will find a way to get that tuxedo. (I still have skills, for G-d sakes!) The presentation went fine, I find and re-lose all items daily like the tides. Papers were meant to left in piles, and most important, those trunks will get packed in the same 1 hour window whether we do it over 2 weeks or one night at 10PM.
Lesson learned: it all get’s done anyway. Lighten up.
Superwoman is sorely over-rated!