1. The vintage Chambers stove is way too fickle to cook a turkey correctly.
2. The pop up thermometer is ALWAYS wrong.
3. The overpriced William Sonoma electronic thermometer is ALWAYS right and I never believe it because for some ridiculous reason I want to trust the plastic little pop up one.
4. Two 18 lb. turkeys is too much anyway when you are serving sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, rice, stuffing (carb much?), cranberry sauce, vegie lasagna, salad, squash and string beans. And a sick amount of desserts.
5. The above menu is what happens when a jewish girl and an italian girl make a joint holiday.
6. There is ALWAYS a kid’s table no matter how old the kids are (15-23 in our case)
7. The kid’s table always seems to be having more fun than the adult’s table (note to self: sit at kid’s table next year)
8. If you stare at your daughter who is home from college too much she will start to feel like you are stalking her.
9. A little health scare before the holidays makes you appreciate not wearing a hospital wristband way more than usual.
10. There is nothing better than your husband’s best friend marrying a woman who is the best wife a girl could have.
Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday as much as we did.
Now where are those friggin’ sweatpants?
For photo enthusiasts, visit Leaving the zip code, photos from outside the comfort zone.